Monday, October 13, 2008

Christmas and family


Okay, strange subject for October, but somehow I do not have ANY pictures from past Halloweens. So, I was looking at pictures and found this one from last Christmas. Zachary is in the middle, and he is next to (in front of, maybe?) his aunt, Tina(Steve's sister). Also in the picture, and identifiable is Greg, Steve's brother. It just made me think of the relationship my children have with Tina.
Tina is here going to school like we are, and we have become quite close. She lived with Steve and I for two weeks just two weeks after our wedding. It was nice to have someone around then because Steve was working REALLY long hours, and I was not working and we did not have children yet (obviously). She did require chocolate, and ate my chocolate chips. Then, the next year when I was pregnant with Zachary, Tina lived with us for about a month, give or take a bit. I was ready this time with many varieties of chocolate. She left for a mission just a couple months after that, before Zach was born. Whenever she would call from her mission, Zach would yell and try to talk to her. We wrote letters (not often enough) and sent a few pictures. When she returned, Zach was about 18 months old, and we were expecting Zina. She again asked to stay with us for a while. She stayed about 3 months, and was such a blessing to us. I had some bleeding in the middle of the night, and she was there to stay with Zach while we made a late night run to the emergency room. She visited with me and played with Zach. Now, she is just living across town, and comes over sometimes. Zina will go to Tina, even when Zina is in a mood for only Momma. We are going to miss her when she is done with school and moves away!

No comments:

Post a Comment