Friday, September 12, 2008

What's been going on around here!


***It doesn't seem to want to post my pictures I had originally chosen, so this is one of my husband and two babies playing a couple weeks ago.***

I promise, really, I will put up some current pictures with a post soon. I would today, but I don't know where we put the cable for our camera, and I don't know how to get the memory card out! I think my hubby better teach me how! Ha!! My husband's the best! Above are two pictures from this morning. One is my beautiful baby girl eating an apple. We started giving them to her to entertain her, and they are so soft that she has been able to eat them, no problem. The other is my little boy eating his oatmeal. He really loves it. Don't believe the face. It was just early!
So, today is the last day of the first week of school. Yes, I am still in school. So is my husband. I think I might get to graduate soon. Actually, on a "student survey" I put my anticipated graduation date as "Not sure--Soon!". Anyway, back to today.
We have concocted a crazy plan to save on child care costs, and to minimize the caregivers our children have. We take them to school with us three days a week. The other two I get a sitter for my class. That way, we only pay for daycare for less than 5 hours a week. That is the genius part of the plan. The crazy part is that we have a 2 3/4 year old and 9 month old on campus for three hours three days a week. CRAZY!!! Zach hates to ride in a stroller, so he is always walking. But he gets tired and says, "Mommy, carry me." I would love to just carry him to minimize his fit, but usually I am carrying Zina. And I can't carry Zina and Zachary while pushing a stroller! And I have the stroller because Zina will sit in it for about ten minutes, and who wants to carry a baby, chase a toddler/preschooler and carry everything needed for a class and caring for those same children.
Today, Zach was pretty funny. We had eaten on campus at their all-you-can-eat buffet cafeteria a couple times this week. Trying to get into the swing of school and family always takes us a bit and our home cooking goes out the window for a few days. We always park at one end of the campus and walk to our classes at the other end. To get there we have to walk past the cafeteria. I promise, I fed Zach before this little trip, but he saw where we were and decided he was starving! I told him we did not have time. So he starts looking for the cookies. We also walk by where they have had cookies to lure students to buy dining options. The cookies were not there. I did the only thing I could think of to stop the tantrum I saw coming. I promised him anything he wanted at the bagel place downstairs. He went for it. He picked out a pudding filled donut and told me, "I want THAT bagel." I could not convince him that it was a donut. And he wanted a juice. So we snacked right there.
When my class was done and it was my turn for the babies again, Steven forgot to warn me that Zach had seen the preschool playground and wanted to play there. I walked right past it, and he threw a full out tantrum. So I offered the smartest thing of the day. We would walk to the park and play and make Steven drive the van down to find us. The walk was about the same, but it didn't take us too long and the kids enjoyed a field trip to the park. We had been skimping on park runs, so I guess I better take them to the park a lot in the next few weeks. Pretty soon it will be too cold and snowy.

No comments:

Post a Comment