Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miracles

Okay, there are shadows all over the place on this picture, and it is now over a month old, but this is my little girl. She is chowing down on her first chocolate chip cookie. Steve had been giving her little bites and when I took her, she got ahold of the entire thing. I decided to let her have a go at it. She got about 1/2 of it eaten and the rest REALLY soggy. (And, for Grandma Sandy, those are the tie-dye socks you sent for her. Zach loves his, too, but I have not gotten a picture of him with his.)

I have always dreamed of having children. All I wanted to be when I was little was a mommy, along with a VERY short stint of wishing to be a nurse and even shorter time of wanting to be a witch. Even my formal schooling is focused on that goal. I am a child development major with a minor in home and family living. I love my son so very much, and was excited when he was born, but I think I was even more excited to have this beautiful little girl. I have always wanted a girl. All I have is brothers, so maybe that is why, but she was my dream come true. I had her name picked out from high school, before I had even met my husband. She was going to be Zina Lyn. When we found out she was going to be a girl, I was absolutely elated! I was getting a girl!!! Part of that was that the thought of raising two boys two years apart while finishing college was an absolute nightmare, but part was the longing for a little girl.

I don't know why I went off on that tangent, but maybe it is inspired by another miracle girl that was born just a couple days ago. Some good friends of ours had wanted a baby for so long and were hoping to welcome one for longer than I was. Each time I got pregnant, I was careful to tell them before they got it through the grapevine. I prayed each time that they could experience pregnancy and parenthood, too. I hope that we would get to share that special time together. She was always so excited for me and wanting every detail, and I loved that I could tell her. After Zach was born, they were our main babysitters, offering to take him for my classes, date nights and just for a break for me. When I was overwhelmed with parenthood and my husband was working late, I took Zach to their house and she would provide much needed adult conversation. I realize now they were our support system. Then I got pregnant with Zina and hoped, again, that there time was soon. I secretely wished that we could be pregnant together. It is such a wonderful experience to share with a close friend. I had Zina, and then they announced they were expecting. I was beside myself with excitement! I think I may have been more excited for them than I was for me with either of my children. They were born to be parents and have a touch with children that no one I know can match. And now, they are the proud parents of a little miracle girl. I guess her waiting to come was just to much for her, and she made her entrance quite a bit early. She is doing good, and, from the picture I saw, is beautiful and perfect! If you guys read this, know that I am forever grateful for all you have done for me, and I wish you the best. I won't post names since I haven't asked you about posting this. I know you will know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment