Monday, December 1, 2008

Sweetheart Tag


Here are 10 questions to answer about you and your sweetheart:


1. Where did you first meet your sweet heart? Well, I first met Steve through a letter while Steve was serving a mission. Steve's friend Joe told me to "write him and [I] can marry him when he comes home". In person meeting was in the parking lot of the Pine Ridge Mall because I convinced him to come to a wedding that he didn't know either person involved just so I could see him in person. That was May 2003.

2. What do you remember about him/her the most? He was driving an old truck, hadn't shaved in a while so he was scruffy, and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

3. Who asked who out first? I did. But he never agreed they were dates, we were just hanging out as friends when everyone else was coupled up.

4. What did you do on your first date? I would say it was dinner and a halloween dance, but Steve said it wasn't a date and I had an extra date! Steve says it was Forgotten Carols a month later, even though we went dutch. That is when Steve decided we were dating (even though I thought we had been for a month or more).

5. What was your favorite thing to do together when you were dating? We talked a lot on the phone. He was in Rexburg and I was in Pocatello. We also went for drives a lot, getting us back and forth for our dates.

6. When was your first kiss with your sweetheart? Well, Steve would tell you a couple dates. He kissed my cheek, which was a big deal, on President's Day 2004 after we pretended to be engaged. We kissed, like the real on the lips kind of kiss, after he proposed, I said yes to the proposal, I was wearing the ring and he asked if he could kiss me. It was his first ever kiss. I tell him I just needed to know what to teach him. That was April 17, 2004.

7. When did you first realize you loved him/her? I don't know when exactly I realized I loved him. Probably around Christmas, maybe a bit earlier. We hadn't dated long, I know that. It could have been before we even started dating.

8 Who said it (I love you) first? He says I did, but the exact timing I am not sure on. Probably during a phone call.

9. How did s/he propose? He asked if I wanted to go for a walk to the gardens on campus because neither of us had really been there. It was muddy and not as pretty as other times. I had given him about thirty easter eggs full of candy and he was eating one so I asked him for some. He said I couldn't have that one, but I could have one he handed me. I was okay with that because it was one I had filled with chocolate kisses. I opened it and found the ring. I was so excited I hugged him and probably answered him before he asked. I had known it was coming, but still did not expect it then.

10. What are two things you remember most about your wedding? I remember feeling beautiful and spoiled in my pretty dress. I also remember Steve forgetting his temple recommend in his locker in the temple and my dad having to get it.

Now Tag at least three people: Chalice, because I would love to hear your story from you; Kelly, because I don't know if I have ever heard your story; and Phil and Heather, because I would love to get to know you guys better. I would also tag any one else that wants to tell their story, but I don't know if any one really reads this. Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! I didn't know most of that before, thanks for sharing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! That was so cute! Even though I pretty much knew or have heard the stories, I think it was really cute. If I had those experiences I would feel like you need to tag me for it, but I don't so you don't!

    ReplyDelete